insurance insider news
Working in the front lines of the insurance industry, we have unique insight into different trends and events shaping the future of the industry, the regulations, trends and Underwriters perspectives. Keep informed by monitoring these unique insights on trends and events which impact insurance, directly from experienced insurance industry insiders.
Sign up to our newsletter and be the first to know.
A recent survey has uncovered a significant concern for residents in nursing homes: the apprehension of facing retaliation from staff members if they voice their concerns or report instances of neglect or abuse. The study, undertaken by the Long Term Care Community...
The digital healthcare revolution has taken the country by storm - an exciting new area, where opportunities abound for commercial agents. This rapid growth, was fueled by a combination of changing lifestyle trends, technological advancements and a shortfall in...
Navigating the labyrinthine world of malpractice insurance can be a daunting task for commercial agents. With a plethora of carriers, coverage options, and pricing tiers to choose from, finding the right policy can become a time-consuming endeavor fraught with...
The insurance landscape is ever-evolving, and understanding the latest trends can help commercial agents identify opportunities in the marketplace. When we assessed the appetites of a sampling of our top carriers - certain classes of business in healthcare emerge as...
We were recently working on a placement for a unique medical practitioner, so unique nearly every carrier come up with reasons to decline the risk, we were nearing a dead end, our last and best hope rested with one remaining carrier. Fortunately for us, that carrier...
As we navigate an era of rapid digital transformation, the healthcare sector is at the heart of this evolution. Changes in societal needs, technology advances, and the ripple effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have triggered an explosion of digital healthcare solutions....
As telehealth continues to reshape the landscape of healthcare delivery following the COVID-19 pandemic, it's been linked to an upswing in medical malpractice claims. This trend is complicating an already challenging insurance market, making it increasingly difficult...
As telemedicine continues to reshape the healthcare landscape, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) brings both opportunities and challenges. Insurance professionals specializing in telemedicine malpractice must familiarize themselves with the risks and...
In 2015, two security researchers rocked the automobile industry by hacking into a Jeep Cherokee's infotainment system. Something that on the surface seemed fairly innocuous, but what they were able to do as a result was every driver’s nightmare.From the harmless...
Standing on the brink of transformative change, the senior living industry is currently influenced by a multitude of factors. These include changes in Medicare reimbursements, demographic shifts, staffing shortages, a dwindling number of geriatric specialists,...
the latest industry news from around the web
- United of Omaha Life settlement reached by DOL to reform evidence of insurabilityby Insurance Business America on October 3, 2023 at 2:32 pm
It follows a similar agreement with Prudential earlier this year
- BHSI selects product liability head in North Americaby Insurance Business America on October 3, 2023 at 2:26 pm
She has been with the firm for over 10 years
- Electric vehicle adoption in the US – what does it mean for insurers?by Insurance Business America on October 3, 2023 at 10:31 am
Trade body shares insights for insurers as more drivers turn to clean energy
- Senior living has the tech: Now operators need to manage it, healthtech CEO saysby Aaron Dorman on October 3, 2023 at 4:20 am
The explosion of technology within senior care has created new demand for CTOs or services that manage all of it, one healthtech CEO says.
- Telehealth sector growing fast, but with stark generational divergence, surveys showby Aaron Dorman on October 3, 2023 at 4:17 am
Recent surveys show that while telehealth adoption is increasing, there is still a major enthusiasm gap between seniors and younger people.
- Avel eCare purchase grows telehealth reach to more than 200 senior care facilitiesby Aaron Dorman on October 3, 2023 at 4:15 am
Telehealth provider Avel eCare is expanding its telehealth services to over 200 senior care facilities, thanks to a major acquisition, the company announced.
- Train employees for ‘acuity creep’ or face potential riskby Kimberly Bonvissuto on October 3, 2023 at 4:08 am
DENVER—The level of needs of older adults moving into assisted living communities today is similar to that of seniors who would move into nursing homes in the past, and if operators and providers don't train their employees to appropriately address that “acuity creep,” then they are setting themselves up for potential risk, according to Pamela Truscott, DNP/HSL, MSN/ED, RN, National Center for Assisted Living director of quality improvement.
- How does Christmas impact eating behaviors and obesity?on October 3, 2023 at 8:38 am
Changes in nutritional patterns and eating behavior during the winter holiday season and its association with obesity.
- Could dark chocolate improve the gut health of athletes?on October 3, 2023 at 8:10 am
The effect of cocoa polyphenols on intestinal permeability.
- Is climate change turning up the heat on China's aging population?on October 3, 2023 at 3:12 am
Rising temperatures and an aging population in China exacerbate heat-related mortality risks, new study finds. The research highlights the urgent need for policies that address both cold and heat-related health risks among the elderly.
- Cannabis legalization leads to surprising shifts in youth usage patternson October 3, 2023 at 3:04 am
This JAMA Network Open study examines the impact of cannabis legalization on high-risk young adults in Ontario, Canada, revealing mixed results. While frequent users reduced their cannabis use post-legalization, leading to fewer adverse consequences, those who were non-users before legalization slightly increased their use over time.
- AdventHealth For Children Named Among Best Children’s Hospitalson August 3, 2023 at 5:15 pm
AdventHealth For Children Named Among Best Children’s Hospitals AdventHealth for children named among best children’s hospitals. AdventHealth for Children has received significant recogni...
- Walmart Introduces Specialty Pharmacies In Orlando To Improve HIV Healthcareon June 26, 2023 at 1:00 am
Walmart Introduces Specialty Pharmacies In Orlando To Improve HIV Healthcare Walmart introduced specialty pharmacies in Orlando to improve HIV healthcare. Walmart is known for its diverse offerings...
- New Morning-After Type Pill May Be The Answer To Rising STD Caseson May 1, 2023 at 12:45 am
New Morning-After Type Pill May Be The Answer To Rising STD Cases New morning-after type pill may be the answer to rising STD cases. Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are seeing a concerning inc...
- Sick Profit: Investigating Private Equity’s Stealthy Takeover of Health Care Across Cities and Specialtieson January 18, 2023 at 1:13 am
By Fred Schulte, Kaiser Health News Two-year-old Zion Gastelum died just days after dentists performed root canals and put crowns on six baby teeth at a clinic affiliated w...
- Study identifies a novel regulator of dormant cancer cells and chemoresistance in colorectal canceron October 3, 2023 at 2:45 pm
More than 1.9 million new colorectal cancer (including anus) cases and 935,000 deaths were estimated to occur worldwide in 2020, representing about one in 10 cancer cases and deaths. Overall, colorectal ranks third in terms of incidence, but second in terms of mortality. Intrinsic or acquired resistance to chemotherapy leads to disease relapse in many CRC patients, representing and unmet clinical need.
- Researchers confirm the link between balding and skin canceron October 3, 2023 at 2:37 pm
Researchers from QIMR Berghofer have uncovered compelling new evidence that establishes why people with hair loss can be more susceptible to deadly skin cancers.
- Extra-large synapses could be a cause of schizophreniaon October 3, 2023 at 2:33 pm
Schizophrenia may be associated with the excessive formation of oversized and hyperactive synaptic connections between nerves in the brain, a mouse model and a human post-mortem study published in Science Advances by RIKEN researchers suggests. This finding points to potential new modes of treatment for this challenging brain disorder.
- AI innovation inspires hope in early detection of pancreatic canceron October 3, 2023 at 2:21 pm
Estimated to become the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S. by 2030, pancreatic cancer has a grim prognosis with nearly 70% of patients facing mortality within the first year of diagnosis. Unfortunately, 40% of small pancreatic cancers elude detection on CT scans until they've advanced to an incurable stage.